RedLine Performance Solutions (RedLine) has been in the HPC solutions engineering services business for approximately 20 years and is consistently determined to keep the “bar of excellence” quite high for new hires. This enables RedLine to accomplish what other firms cannot and promotes a high level of staff retention. We offer services ranging from full life cycle HPC systems engineering to remote managed services to HPC program analysis. We are looking for an IT Security Analyst to join us at the NASA Advanced Supercomputer (NAS) facility at NASA Ames Research Center (south of San Francisco, CA in Silicon Valley).
This is a full-time mid-level position that offers an enormous opportunity for growth and personal development as well as having a direct impact on how operational security is performed at the NAS. US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance are mandatory requirements for this position.
This is a hands-on role: As a junior member of a team, you will perform forensic investigations; protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources; identify abnormalities and reporting violations; implement security improvements by assessing current situations; evaluate trends; define requirements; determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits; and implement and maintain security controls. The ideal candidate will possess skills in the following areas:
- Experience in Linux systems administration
- Experience with information, software, and network security tools and practices
(e.g., Nessus, Snort, Argus, Splunk, Syslog, FISMA, Elasticsearch)
- Exposure to PERL, Python, and/or shell scripting
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and application protocols
- Good analytical skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- Willing to work rotating on-call 24×7 hours, if necessary
- Experience in database technologies (e.g., MySQL) a plus
- Big Data and cloud security experience a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in planning and ensuring delivery of all items in the statement of work
- Participates in the audits of computer systems to ensure they are operating securely and that data is protected from both internal and external attack. Makes recommendations for preventive measures as necessary.
- Responds to more complex queries and request for computer security information and reports from both internal and external customers
- Provides technical consultation on highly complex security tasks
- Other duties as assigned relating to the operation of a leading edge security group
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three or more years of experience in computer science, management information systems, or IT security related roles
- Highly effective troubleshooting skills in quickly diagnosing and resolving customer problems as well as assisting in the development of internal software tools
- Have a passion for technology and how it can be used to solve NASA’s IT Security challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both inward towards the group and outwards towards the customer
- Analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve development problems, network/operating system security issues
- Ability to perform and interpret requirements and translate that into concrete deliverables
- Ability to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently to resolve complex problems with minimal supervision
Travel required: Minimal
Please email email@example.com with your resume if this opportunity is of interest to you.
It all starts with a conversation
Let’s talk about how RedLine can help you achieve HPC success